The Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.2 is required to operate the EPLAN platform. Further information and the current version of this Microsoft component are available for download from the Microsoft website.
The EPLAN platform supports the 64-bit variants of the Microsoft operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
The EPLAN language installed must be supported by the operating system.
The EPLAN platform has been cleared for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit) Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) Pro, Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) Pro, Enterprise
Currently supported versions of Windows 10
To display the build number of a Windows 10 version, open the Windows-specific Run dialog (e.g. via the [Windows] + [R] shortcut keys) and enter the winver command there. After confirmation of the entry a dialog with information about the operating system is opened, including the build number.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (64 bit)
- Terminal-Server with Citrix XenApp 7.15 and Citrix Desktop 7.15
Prerequisite for the creation of Microsoft Office file formats from EPLAN is a functioning installation of an Office version as approved by EPLAN on the PC.
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
*Depending of the selection of the databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary, the use of a 64-bit Office version is compulsory.
SQL Server (64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Adobe Reader Version XI
- Adobe Acrobat Version XI Standard / Pro
- Adobe Reader Version DC
- Adobe Acrobat Version DC Standard / Pro
PLC systems (PLC & bus extension)
- ABB Automation Builder
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.10
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.11
- 3S Codesys
- Mitsubishi GX Works2
- Schneider Unity Pro V10.0
- Schneider Unity Pro V11.1
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.4 SP4
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.5
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 TIA Version 14 SP1
- logi.cals Automation
- Rexroth IndraWorks
- Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect V20
- Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect V21
64-bit version of the EPLAN platform
Since the EPLAN platform is available as a 64-bit version, please observe the following points:
If you want to use Access databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary, the Microsoft operating system has to be installed in the 64-bit version. Any Microsoft Office applications that are possibly installed must also be installed consistently in the 64-bit version.
If you have installed the Microsoft Office applications in the 32-bit version, you have to use SQL Server databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary.
The Microsoft Access Runtime component is furthermore required in order to use Access databases in the EPLAN platform.
If you have not installed Microsoft Office or if you use Microsoft Office without Microsoft Access, you must download the Microsoft Access Runtime component as a separate download from the Microsoft Internet site.
If you use Microsoft Office with Microsoft Access, this component is installed as well depending on the respective Microsoft Office installation:
- This component is contained at an installation up to and including Microsoft Office 2013 in as far as Microsoft Access is installed as well.
- In the case of a "click-to-run" installation of Microsoft Office 2016 this component is not included in the installation of Microsoft Access. In this case you also have to download the Microsoft Access Runtime component.