In a macro file macros can be stored in different representation types and per representation type in several variants – depending on whether they are window, symbol page or 3D macros. You can use the macro navigator for a well-structured display and management of macros in a project. In the tree of this navigator the macros are displayed in a hierarchical structure. The representation types and variants are displayed below a node for a macro.
- In a macro project all the representation types and variants are displayed that are stored later during the generation in a macro file for a prepared macro. This applies to all macro types.
- In a schematic project only the inserted representation types and variants of a window and / or symbol macros are displayed and not all the variants existing in macro file.
If you mark a macro in the macro navigator, the corresponding page / layout space of the macro project is displayed in the graphical preview.
The following is possible:
- You can use the popup menu to view and edit the properties of the macro. In the process the respective property dialog is opened (for example the property dialog of a macro box for a window macro).
- By means of the popup menu item Go to (graphic) you jump into the graphical editor or into a layout space and can there edit the respective schematic section or the respective 3D object types.
- Filters can be used to limit the display to the macros that fulfill specific criteria. This allows you to, for example, have only the macros of a specific representation type displayed and subsequently generated automatically.
- You can synchronize the selection between the objects for the macros in the graphical editor / layout space and the macro navigator.
- In a macro project you can automatically generate macros from the prepared macros displayed in the macro navigator.
- You can use the macro navigator in schematic projects to update several macros existing in a project with the data from the associated macro files by means of the popup menu item Update macros.
Placeholder objects in the Macro Navigator
The placeholder objects available in a macro are displayed below the hierarchy level of the respective macro variant ( icon) in the tree of the macro navigator. A multiple selection of placeholder objects is possible, block editing only under certain conditions. Value sets for the placeholder objects can be selected from the popup menu and their properties edited.