The messages generated during a project check are stored in the message database, and displayed in the Message management - <Project name> dialog. For each message, a short descriptive text is displayed. You can use the help system to obtain a more exact description of the cause and suggestions for solutions.
The criteria to be checked can be configured and saved in a scheme. You can also export a scheme so you can use it for other projects.
Device data is checked, such as incompleteness in definitions (terminals, plugs, cables, devices, PLC, etc.), multiple (non-cross-referenced) or no longer existing devices. In addition function-specific checks can be carried out, for example short-circuits, ring connections, incomplete cross-references or interruption points, incorrect potential definitions etc. In addition you have the possibility to check the parts master data stored in the parts database.
Types of check
You can define so-called types of checks for project checks. The type of check defines how and if the checking criteria are to be used. Message management provides the following configuration options for types of check:
- No: The project check is not performed, and no messages are output.
- Offline: Messages are not immediately written to message management during processing, but rather only after a project check. If project checks relating to connections are also activated in the selected project check scheme, the connections are updated automatically before an offline project check (both for individual pages and for the entire project).
- Online / offline: Messages are immediately written to message management when they occur (i.e. "online"). To do this, the Message management - <Project name> dialog doesn't need to be open. Resolved messages are not deleted automatically, but rather must be removed from message management by a project check (that is, "offline"). In order to obtain an overview during processing, however, you can mark messages as resolved and filter that property.
- Prevent errors: If a change is made that does not meet the set check criterion, the change will be undone after the data are transferred. The page, DT and position of the incorrect function are output in addition to the project check text.
- Module-specific: Other modules in addition to the message management module also perform checks and output messages in the message management dialog (e.g. when automatically generating cables or addressing PLC inputs / outputs). These checks are displayed in the Settings: Messages and checks dialog in the Type of check column with the entry "Module-specific". If you do not want to perform a module-specific check, select "No" as the Type of check setting.