The following extensions for the PLC data exchange in the AutomationML format were realized for this version:
Support of the PLC configuration programs
- Export of device-specific configuration values
- Support of the current AutomationML version 1.1.0.
Improvements have also been made for the PLC data import. With the result that the PLC data exchange is now more stable.
Support of additional PLC configuration programs
PLC data exchange in the AutomationML format is now also possible with the following PLC configuration programs:
Rockwell Automation Studio 5000
Siemens TIA Selection Tool
To this purpose corresponding new entries are available in the drop-down list of the PLC configuration program field in the Export PLC data dialog.
Export of device-specific configuration values
During the PLC data exchange in the AutomationML format, device-specific configuration values can now also be output in the export file. For this purpose, the new check box Export device-specific configuration values is now available in the dialog Settings: AutomationML export. A separate license is required for you to be able to use this function.
The device-specific configuration values are defined in the parts management as user-defined properties via the Configure properties dialog. So that these properties can be considered during the PLC data exchange in the AutomationML format, you must enter the value "PLC data" in the Category field and the value "Part" in the Assignment field and in addition activate the check box Also validate for part references. The prefix (character string until the first point) in the identifying name of these properties is deleted during the export and is added during the import from the data of the associated part.
- For Ethernet-based bus systems the PLC data exchange now acts more tolerantly with regard to the plug designation. Specifications for the plug designation with or without "R" (for example "P1" and "P1R") are considered as equivalent during the import. This, for example, makes the PLC data exchange with the Siemens TIA Portal V16 easier.
- During the part allocation the number of bus ports is now additionally considered for Ethernet-based bus systems if a part was found multiple times. If two part variants with a different number of bus ports are available in the parts management, the matching variant can be selected during the import via the differentiation by the number of bus ports.
Support of the current AutomationML version
With this version EPLAN supports the current AutomationML version 1.1.0. To this purpose the "
In contrast to the export in the "
- Longer device tags can now be replaced thanks to extensions in the AML file.
- An improved exchange of free symbolic addresses is now possible through extensions in the assignment list.
- The assignment of the PLC cards to your CPUs is now replaced. This way you can restore the association of the PLC card to "its" CPU during the PLC data exchange.
- For the Bus system property the new "
PortToPort" entry is available in the drop-down list. This bus system can be used if you do not want to export the logical network but the connection between the bus ports (port-specific interconnection).
- The bus systems "
DRIVE-CLiQ", " PortToPort" and " ET-Connection" are now correctly exported with port-specific interconnection.
- The connections between racks are now exchanged with port-specific interconnection.
- Safety addresses at the bus systems are now exchanged.
- You can now replace the manufacturer name at the devices. In EPLAN the manufacturer name is saved in the part reference data.