With this method existing connections are combined by inserting a phase busbar while designing a schematic. A DT and a part are assigned to the phase busbar so that it can afterwards be placed as a device from the 3D mounting layout navigator in the layout space. The connections that were combined through the phase busbar have the "Phase busbar" function definition assigned to them and are therefore no longer taken into consideration during wiring and during wire fabrication.
A schematic page is opened. The layout space navigator and the 3D mounting layout navigator are opened.
- Select the Insert > Phase busbar menu options.
You are prompted to enter the first and second point of a definition line for the phase busbar.
- Draw the definition line across the desired connections.
The Properties (components): Phase busbar is displayed.
An automatically generated DT and the "Phase busbar" function definition are displayed on the Phase busbar tab.
- Select a part for the phase busbar in the Part number field of the Part tab and click OK.
The phase busbar is displayed as a device in the 3D mounting layout navigator.
- Open the layout space in which the phase busbar is to be placed. Set the 3D viewing angle "From top to bottom".
- Drag-and-drop the phase busbar from the 3D mounting layout navigator into the layout space.
If the part of the phase busbar does not have an assigned 3D macro, the Dimensions dialog is displayed.
- Enter suitable values for the width, height and depth of the phase busbar in the dialog Dimensions. Click [OK].
- Place the phase busbar hanging from the cursor onto the connection points of the desired device.
- Re-route the connections in the layout space.
The routing connections existing beforehand at this position are replaced by the placed phase busbar and are no longer displayed.