In the PLC-specific settings you can specify that symbolic addresses are generated automatically. In the tab Format of symbolic address of the dialog Settings: PLC-specific you could in the past also specify identifier blocks that are a component of the symbolic address and replace the associated preceding signs in the assignment list by other characters. Now you additionally have the possibility to change the sequence of the identifier blocks within the symbolic address.
Symbolic addresses can now be generated more variably through the possibility of changing the sequence of the identifier blocks. This makes it easier, for example, to generate symbolic addresses following specific standards.
In the course of this extension the tab Format of symbolic address has been restructured. The identifier blocks with their preceding signs as well as the associated substructures with their separators are now displayed clearly structured in a table. You can use the arrow buttons above the table to specify the sequence of the identifier blocks within the symbolic address. The rows Device tag, Plug designation and Connection point designation cannot be moved and are always displayed at the end of the page.
The following columns are displayed in the table:
- Active: If this check box is activated, the associated identifier block in the Structure column is a component of the symbolic address.
- Structure: The identifier blocks are displayed in this column.
- Preceding sign: The preceding sign defined in the project structure is displayed for each identifier block. To replace this preceding sign in the assignment list by a different character, you can overwrite this default by any desired character. It is also possible to replace all preceding signs with the same character, since the preceding sign does not have an identifying role in the assignment list.
- Substructure: If this check box is selected, sub-identifiers of the respective identifier block are included in the symbolic address. If the check box is deselected then sub-identifiers are not accounted for.
- Separator: The separator defined in the project structure is displayed for the respective sub-identifier. To replace this separator in the assignment list by a different character, you can overwrite this default by any desired character.