You have opened a project. You have selected a schematic section in the graphical editor, or you have selected pages in the page navigator or functions in one of the project data navigators. Or you have selected objects in a layout space.
- Select the following menu items: Project data > Project options > Create section
- In the Section dialog, in the Project options group and Project option group boxes, select the project options group and the project option that the section is to be assigned to from the Name drop-down list.
you can manually enter a new project options group and / or project option.
The Description fields of the project options group and / or project option are made editable.
If you leave the Project options group field empty (or delete the entry) then the project option is not assigned to a project options group.
- If desired, enter a description into the Description field of the project options group and / or project option.
- Enter a name for the section in the Name field.
- If desired,
enter a description text into the Description
The description is a multi-language text and is displayed by default in the tree view next to the name, separated by a blank and within round brackets.
- Click [OK].
If you entered a new name for the project options group and / or project option then this project options group and / or project option is generated.
The section is assigned to the (already existing or new) project option and this project option is switched on.
- Sections can also be created using the popup menu in the project options navigator. Once you have selected the desired objects (schematic section, pages, functions), select a project option or a section in the Project options - <Project name> dialog and then select the New > Section popup menu items. In the Section dialog, the named of the current project options group and project option are already set, and you can accept these or overwrite them. The section is stored as soon as you close the dialog by clicking [OK].
- As with most editing operations in the graphical editor, the reverse method is also supported (first call up the command and then select the elements).