Organization and company organization: Basics
An organization is a separate, protected EPLAN Cloud workspace.
- You can create an organization at any time in the management center. Every organization you create or are a member of is associated with your EPLAN ID.
- You can access the organization both in the browser and in the EPLAN Platform.
A company organization is a company's own separate, protected EPLAN Cloud workspace.
- Membership in a company organization enables you to start the EPLAN Platform (as of Version 2022). This company organization is linked to your EPLAN ID, your serial number and customer number.
- You can access the company organization in both the browser and the EPLAN Platform.
The company organization is created by EPLAN and automatically activated by the first user who downloads the platform in the EPLAN download area. We recommend that this be done by the license administrator of your company.
Path in browser: EPLAN Homepage > Services > Downloads > EPLAN Electric P8 > Version...
- You are the first user in your company to download the new platform (as of Version 2022).
- The corresponding company organization is linked to your EPLAN ID on the basis of the serial number and customer number.
- During the process, create an EPLAN ID or sign in with your credentials.
- Through the company organization and your sign-in into the EPLAN Cloud, you can now start the platform and use the user management to invite other colleagues.
To see an overview of the functionality in relation to your role in an organization and company organization, click here.
As soon as you sign in to the EPLAN Cloud for the first time in the browser by creating an EPLAN ID, you become a member of the "EPLAN Community" organization. In the EPLAN Community you can get a first impression and have access to demo products, extras and free products. In addition, you can dip into the "eLEARNING Free" product by watching interactive videos in EPLAN.